— VACANCY: Call for Applications —
10 October 2011
The EuroCollege at the University of Tartu (Estonia) invites applications for the position of a
whose task is to lead and implement applied research and development projects focusing on socio-economic and political developments in the EU, Russia, and the Eastern Partnership countries.
The programme manager is expected to work closely with two units at the University of Tartu – the Centre for Applied Social Sciences (CASS) and the recently established Centre for EU-Russia Studies (CEURUS).
The objective of CASS is to convert the wide-ranging competences of scholars working at Estonia’s premier research university into applied knowledge, expertise and policy advice benefiting both decision-makers and the society at large. Founded in 2007, CASS has firmly established itself on the Estonian market and is now seeking to expand its involvement in international projects, including those financed by European institutions.
The Centre for EU-Russia Studies (CEURUS) is a multi-disciplinary centre for research and teaching that pools scientists and experts from several fields in order to carry out in-depth research on interactions between the European Union and the Russian Federation. Scholars affiliated with CEURUS engage in both academic and policy-oriented research.
The role of the programme manager is to actively contribute to the internationalization of CASS, while strengthening the applied, practical dimension of CEURUS. To accomplish this, the programme manager is expected to perform the following general duties:
- actively identifying opportunities to obtain funding for applied research focusing on the EU, Russia, and the Eastern Partnership countries;
- preparing project applications and tenders;
- communicating with scholars affiliated with CEURUS, negotiating their involvement in applied projects;
- organizing and leading research teams implementing the projects;
- when appropriate, carrying out research and analysis in the framework of applied research projects.
A successful applicant has
- a degree (MA or PhD) in the social sciences, economics, law or a related field;
- experience in leading applied research projects (including experience in leading or participating in international projects);
- experience in writing project applications and tenders;
- very good analytical and administrative abilities;
- very good communication skills;
- ability to work individually and as part of a team;
- fluency in English, preferably good in Russian;
- very good knowledge of office software (Microsoft Office) and preferably statistical software (SPSS or Stata, Eviews).
We offer a place in a dynamic, creative and international work environment, opportunities for professional development, modern working conditions in newly refurbished historical building in the heart of Tartu, and a competitive salary (€1200-1800 gross per month, depending on qualifications and the level of experience).
Application documents include a curriculum vitae, a list of accomplished research and development projects and a cover letter outlining the applicant’s relevant past experience and motivation to apply for this position. These documents should be sent by December 1, 2011 by e-mail to email@example.com.
For more information, please contact Anneli Soo, Vice Director of EuroCollege (firstname.lastname@example.org) or visit the following webpages:
University of Tartu: http://www.ut.ee