Visiting Scholar scheme
The Centre for EU-Russia Studies welcomes applications from individual researchers based outside of Estonia who wish to visit the University of Tartu in order to
- pursue research in a field that corresponds to the research interests of CEURUS;
- teach an intensive course on some aspect of EU-Russia relations;
- establish links with the University of Tartu and/or collaborate with scholars associated with CEURUS.
General eligibility criteria include a Ph.D. degree (or equivalent) and a research and/or teaching profile relevant to EU-Russia relations.
Financial basis of the scheme: The grant covers travel costs (economy class return airfare, airport transfer, local transportation if justified, travel insurance, visa fees) and accommodation for up to 13 nights. Visiting scholars are welcome to stay longer but would have to cover any additional accommodation costs themselves. Remuneration is offered for teaching.
During their stay in Tartu, visiting scholars are entitled to:
- full use of the University libraries and computing facilities;
- desk and (shared) office space;
- opportunities to discuss research with scholars affiliated with CEURUS;
- attendance at all open seminars and public lectures in the University.
Visiting scholars are usually expected to make a presentation about their research at a CEURUS-organized seminar or public event.
Fellowships are usually granted twice annually in May and October for the respective next semester. Interested candidates should wait for the Centre’s ‘Call for Applications’ before submitting their applications. Application documents include:
1) Application form
2) CV (including a list of publications);
3) description of proposed activities in Tartu (synopsis of a research project and/or of the courses the applicant would be prepared to teach)
Applicants will be notified of the funding decision within three weeks of the application deadline. For more information about the visiting scholar scheme, please contact Varje Kuut: varje.kuut[at]ut.ee.
Please submit your complete application by email to varje.kuut[at]ut.ee
(please sign and scan the application form or, if that is not possible, simply type your name into the signature field)
For a list of current and past visiting scholars at CEURUS see here