The Centre for EU-Russia Studies (CEURUS) is a multidisciplinary centre for research and teaching at the University of Tartu (UT), Estonia. It serves as a contact point for scholars, students and experts who share an interest in the evolving relationship between the European Union and the Russian Federation. CEURUS coordinates and sponsors a variety of activities related to research, teaching and public outreach. Building on Tartu’s long history as a meeting place of ideas and cultures at the border of Europe and Russia, the Centre welcomes international students into its study programmes and is open to cooperation with scholars from both the East and the West.
- Election Analysis Seminar “Presidential Elections in Russia: the Paradox of 2018”, 20 March at 16:15, Lossi 36-214, Tartu.
- UPTAKE Guest lecture “Russification vs. Latvianization: The Latvian National Communists and their 1956 Language Law”, 27 March at 14:15, Lossi 36-306, Tartu.
- 4th Eastern Platform seminar “All Quiet on the Western Front? EU-Russia relations in the Age of Populisms”, 6-7 April 2018 Tartu, Estonia.
- AESC Second Annual Convention “Divided over European Values? Normative Cleavages in the South Caucasus…”, 12-13 April 2018 Tbilisi, Georgia.
- Third Annual Tartu Conference on Russian and East European Studies, 10-12 June 2018, University of Tartu, Estonia.
- 4th UPTAKE training school “Straight Talk about Russia”, 26 August-1 September 2018, University of Uppsala, Sweden.
Call for Papers/ Applications
- 16 April: Expressions of Interest for Marie Curie Individual Fellowships at the University of Tartu
- 1 May: 4th UPTAKE training school for PhD students and postdocs, 26 August-1 September 2018
- 10 May: OSF Eurasia programme fellowships
News & Events
- Election Analysis Seminar on the presidential election in Russia
The Johan Skytte Institute of Political Studies invites you to the next event in our Electio […]
- CfA: OSF Eurasia programme fellowships
The University of Tartu (Estonia) announces a call for applications for doctoral candidate […]
- Call for Expressions of Interest: Marie Curie Individual Fellowships
Marie Skłodowska-Curie Individual Fellowships in the field of Russian, East European, and B […]
- UPTAKE lecture on the Latvian language law of 1956
On Tuesday, 27 March, Dr Michael Loader from the Uppsala University’s Institute for Russia […]