The Centre for EU-Russia Studies (CEURUS) is a multidisciplinary centre for research and teaching at the University of Tartu (UT), Estonia. It serves as a contact point for scholars, students and experts who share an interest in the evolving relationship between the European Union and the Russian Federation. CEURUS coordinates and sponsors a variety of activities related to research, teaching and public outreach. Building on Tartu’s long history as a meeting place of ideas and cultures at the border of Europe and Russia, the Centre welcomes international students into its study programmes and is open to cooperation with scholars from both the East and the West.
- 1 October, UPTAKE lecture “The Putin Blowback: How Russia Drove Sweden into the Arms of NATO”, Lossi 36-214, Tartu
- 19 October, UPTAKE workshop “Democracy in Reverse”, University of Tartu, Estonia.
News & Events
- UPTAKE lecture on Swedish foreign and defence policy
Professor Stefan Hedlund from the University of Uppsala, Sweden, will give a public lecture […]
- CfA: OSF Eurasia programme fellowships
The University of Tartu (Estonia) announces a call for applications for doctoral candidate […]
- New OSF Eurasia Fellows start at CEURUS
Two new OSF Eurasia Fellows – Irakli Sirbiladze (Georgia) and Viktoriia Svyrydenko (Uk […]
- Conference examines the evolution of nation-statehood in Eastern Europe
The Third Annual Tartu Conference on Russian and East European Studies on 10-12 June will br […]